ZX 2.0 Volcane I AUTO

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

ZX 2.0 Volcane I AUTO

Post by James.UK »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=18174
Anyone know what sort of MPG this model will return? I assume its a 2 litre petrol engine?
Hmm no prizes for guessing whats on my mind.. [8)] and to make things worse, I have had a 'silly money' offer for mine..
Common sense dictates keeping my ZX 1.9D.. The devil I know?... But the 2 litre Volcane would probably be more fun to drive. *sighs* "lifes a bugger and then we die" huh.. lol...
Incidently the interior on 'this' 2 litre Volcane is absolutely identical to the one I installed in my car recently, the car is also the same colour, and has the same ally wheels. [^]... Grille and spoilers are diff though.. Aerodynamicaly I imagine adding a grille wasn't an improvement, I think my bonnet slopes slightly more due to not having a grille...
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Nice car James. I'd estimate about 32 on a run, early 20's around town.
Don't forget the cost of the electrical hassles involved in running an early catted/injected car. A little thing like a dodgy sensor wire can ruin your entire day (erases memory of wifes old car). Some of the leccy modules and wiring will be getting close to an unreliable age. Diesels "just run" in comparison and don't cost anything much at all.
That's the sensible bit over - now go and buy it. You know you want it, and you know you'll regret getting rid of the diesel because of the running cost differences.
But if we were sensible about cars, we's all be running Nissan Micras.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Wow! A ZX with air con!
Go for it James!
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

i thought only ZX's from foreign markets had Air Con???
Dan
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

It was always available as an option, but I've never actually heard of one with it before.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks Arry, I have just been up in the penines to visit my mate, beautifull day. Car was a real pleasure to be in, so decided to keep it.. [^]
I parked in a lay-by for 5 mins, the view was super, looking west I could see about 40 miles out across the Cheshire plain, just about make out the mist shrouded Mountains in North Wales.. [8)]
Speed I can live without, done all the tearing off here there and everywhere coz time was money bit, I think its now the time to enjoy the ride and take time out to stop and smell the roses. [:)]
Someone will buy it, but as you so rightly say.. all those elecs need a bit of maintaining, and I would rather enjoy driving than climbing around under it, trying to find some faulty connection somewhere. [:D]
Had I been 20 years younger--- brrmmmmm [:o)] lol....