308 fap fluid pouch

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

veralum
My Cars:

308 fap fluid pouch

Post by veralum »

we have had a 2008 308 1.6hdi 110hp for about a year which has now done approx 82k miles, from what i understand it has a fap fluid pouch rather than a refillable tank that older models had. my question is how long does that last and how will i know when it needs changing? or indeed if it has been changed by former keeper? car runs great with only the occasional depollution fault light that comes and goes with no affect to performance
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: 308 fap fluid pouch

Post by RichardW »

My 307 was done before I bought it at 82k; our C4 Picasso I had to do at about 95k. So, it might have been done already; or it might be coming up! If you have Diagbox you can check to see how much it thinks is left (it contains about 1.7l when new, so it should be obvious if it has been refilled). It will give you a warning message when it it empty; you don't need to react right away, but you can't leave it for ages once it comes on. The bag is somewhere over £100 - in theory you could refill it with the cheaper PAT fluid, but I found the one on our C4 was leaking when I stripped it down, so was glad I had a new bag. It is not that hard to change, but you need Diagbox to tell the computer it has been replaced so it stops nagging you about it! There are several different types of fluid and they are not all compatible, so you need the VIN to make sure you get the right one.
Richard W
veralum
My Cars:

Post by veralum »

next move is to get member with software to cehck it to see how much is left
veralum
My Cars:

Post by veralum »

i bought a used i970 scan tool off ebay for £60 which tells me it has 68% left and was originally 2 litres so all good! im guessing it has been changed previously as car has now done 88,000 miles