Couple of VTS problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cutac
My Cars: 2011 B7 Citroen C4 1.4 VTi
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Couple of VTS problems

Post by Cutac »

Hello

I've bought myself a 2006 VTS with 80k kilometers and have some issues.
1) Dome light doesn't work. Map reading lights work, door lights work, glovebox and boot lights work, but front and rear middle lights don't come on. I've tried putting LED's in, and while they don't work, when I flick the switch to "always on", LED's flash a bit.
What could that be?

2) Speed limitator doesn't work, when I try to use it I get SERVICE lamp. Any suggestions?

3) "Tire pressure sensors inactive" sometimes appears on the screen with SERVICE lamp. Disabling TPMS should get rid of that, right?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Cheers
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Re: Couple of VTS problems

Post by Fake Concern »

1) LED bulbs need to be compatible with the canbus system. Check they say Canbus safe or something similar.
2) This often can be fixed by moving the selector switch on the steering wheel back and forth or spray it with contact cleaner. Also move the steering wheel up and down and in and out to clean the connections there. Failing this it can be the brake light switch (usually you get ESP/ASR fault as well though). A new switch comes with an upgraded wiring loom for about £15 (when I bought one) and takes about 5 minutes to fit.
3) Yes the battery in the pressure sensors are probably not working by now and you get the error message. Use Lexia to disable TPMS (although I've never bothered!)

What colour and spec is your VTS? This is mine

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=195
Attachments
IMG_3255.JPG
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Cutac
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Post by Cutac »

Thanks for answering. :)
My VTS is red, I'll post some pictures tomorrow, I've bought it today and it was dark when I got home.

Ok, I'll try cleaning the selector wheel and I'll also ring dealer to do an update to my car's system.
Regarding the lights, it doesn't matter if bulbs are LED or halogen, centre light doesn't work no matter what I do.
Cutac
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Post by Cutac »

While I'm waiting for some more suggestions, here's a picture of a German redhead surrounded by 5 French :D