Any 2CV owners in/near Milton Keynes, a favour?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Any 2CV owners in/near Milton Keynes, a favour?

Post by Zelandeth »

Random question of the day!

My other half has never really seen a 2CV properly up close (not really surprising having only moved over from the US in 2013), much less ever been in one.

I know full well that it's impossible to convey to him quite what a case of sensory overload is placed upon a passenger in one of these cars in words, much less explain the truly fantastic soundtrack provided by the little flat twin when it's working hard.

I'd like to be able to show him that, but without buying a 2CV myself (not totally out of the question one day, but not just yet!), I need to find someone who wouldn't mind dropping by our place and taking him out for a spin as a passenger.

To be honest, it must be ten years since I was last in one, so wouldn't mind refreshing my own memory! ...not least to confirm where on my wish list one needs to be.

More than happy to provide coffee, tea etc to visitors and introduction to my own eclectic fleet.

I know it's a bit random, but figured if I was going to find someone this was a good place to start.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.