2.0hdi berlingo crankshaft sensor query (excessive vibrations)?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gavtheoldskater
My Cars: 2003 2.0hdi berlingo

2.0hdi berlingo crankshaft sensor query (excessive vibrations)?

Post by gavtheoldskater »

Just wondering if anyone can give some advice?

I have a 2003 2.0hdi Beringo. In Feb it suddenly would not start, I replaced the crankshaft sensor with a cambiare part that the previous owner had given me and all was good.

On Friday, same prob again. I immediately put in a Bosch sensor that I had bought as a replacement spare and the car would still not start. A mechanic came out and his computer when plugged in showed no faults but my crankshaft sensor was not giving a reading.

I bought another Bosch sensor and the car started and runs fine... until I get to 60mph then a vibration sets in that builds with speed and at 70 is undrivable.

I can't get another sensor until tomorrow now, but would anyone know if a faulty sensor could result in excessive engine vibration like this or should I be looking at other potential issues?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 2.0hdi berlingo crankshaft sensor query (excessive vibrations)?

Post by wheeler »

Is there any physical damage to the sensors when they are removed ? Seems a bit suspect that you got a spare one with the van ?
Probably unlikley you have just had 2 sensors failed (unless the came from euro car parts).
I would be following the wiring back looking for damage/ shorting.
darbuck
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 Tourer VTR+ (138 BHP)
2007 Nissan Primera P12 1.6 T-Spec (110BHP)
2003 Citroen C5 Estate level 2 (110 BHP) 2.0 HDI
2001 Nissan Maxima QX 2.0 V6

Re: 2.0hdi berlingo crankshaft sensor query (excessive vibrations)?

Post by darbuck »

I agree with wheeler about the complimentary sensor, gifts are nice but not when there are gremlins with them :) , Is the vibration coming through the steering, its more than likely either badly balanced wheels or a buckled wheel. The sensors are more likely an electrical short some where between the ecu and the sensor. unless the sensors are incorrect type or contacting the fly wheel.
Darren