Citroen Dispatch won't rev HELP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chopper746
My Cars: citroen dispatch

Citroen Dispatch won't rev HELP

Post by chopper746 »

Hi All,

Maybe in the wrong section as i am new here so sorry if that's the case. Got some questions on behalf of a customer/friend, He has a 61 plate dispatch dv6uc engine. He brought it non running as he was advised it would of only broken the rockers when the belt snapped. After it sat at a garage for a number of months he got it back so i could look into it for him. Removed the head and replaced 8 bent valves full gasket set, head skim, injector seals etc checked rockers and hydraulic lifters for damage apparently these were replaced prior to myself looking at the van, removed turbo feed filter as it has what looks like a new turbo but pipe not changed as normally advised when replacing these turbos. Checked inter cooler isn't full of oil checked inlet butterfly is open, Put all back together and starts spot on and idles well but will not rev beyond 3k which maybe normal as some vehicles don't at standstill however it will not drive above 20 mph on flat. I have doubled check belt timing using locking pins removed lambda and revved to eliminate blocked dpf disconnected maf no difference . When revving it doesn't miss but is very laboured/ lazy if that's the right description and has quite a noticeable tap increasing with revs maybe an injector?? Checked fault codes and only code present is fuel temp signal p0183 short circuit to positive or open circuit. I have performed a leak off test and they are all within each other but they do leak off quite a lot i was told they were sent off and tested but maybe not? Reading live data for injector correction values three injectors read 6.01 and one reads -4.96 they do not change with revs and live data (delphi programme) does not show engine rpm either but looking into egr position etc that all moves when revving so it is reading some live data. Having this in mind i tried a snap on scanner and it showed the same fault codes and same live data for correction values with no rpm either, it also shows three ??? next to the fuel injection correction error status on live data. The turbo doesn't boost hard when revved but i am thinking it wont if injectors are faulty, not enough fuel pressure. Anything else i should check or ?? Would like to solve this for the guy as he has lost all hope with the van and after putting time into it i would like to finish on a positive. We are happy to purchase second hand injectors from a reputable source to just see if it cures it before committing anymore financially as testing them would not be far off the same cost wise.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
('96 ZX 1.9TD SX, ??k roller due to collect at weekend)

Re: Citroen Dispatch won't rev HELP

Post by ekjdm14 »

I have heard that the injectors don't like being taken out so I guess it's possible they're faulty, I would rather see the results of live data from a lexia though as other tools can miss things.
It sounds to me like it's in limp mode for some reason, failing a lexia session I'd probably try a battery reset & maybe chuck some injectors at it as a start though
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, ??k