Pug 405 Glowplug Light Located Exactly Where

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Pug 405 Glowplug Light Located Exactly Where

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

could a 405 owner or one whom is very familiar please remind me where the Glowplug warning light is... photo 'd be lovely

Having changed the instrument panel including faffing about fitting & re-fitting when various warning lights failed to work*, and shone a torch through the back of all of the 'light blanks' (including on the 'outgoing' one) I realised that, rather bizarrely; I couldn't find any that relate to the Glowplugs. So I kinda connected it up, struggled with the Speedo cable** several times (expected) and left that one a bit to chance

All's working fine, inc' starting but now with no Glowplug light to wait to go off. And y'know how stuff you see every day you only notice when its gone.... well its one of those scenarios. Can I live without it, yeah of course, but its nice for things to be 'right'.

I'm pretty sure the new panel came from a Diesel (I removed it myself many many moons ago) and I note the markings on both tacho and speedo are the same.

I've got an idea its left of centre on the bottom row somewhere, but am mystified why I couldn't find it

*I could've changed 'em for new, as I did with my previous 405 in the course of a heater matrix job years back, but I found at that time that the brand new bulbs were either 'on' or 'off', ie they'd only work with the dimmer switch at full tilt.... so not wanting a repeat of that scenario, I didn't. Its nice to be able to dim the dash lighting sometimes.

**any tips to make this easier gratefully received: I used a piece of string - wrapped it around the cable, got the4 cable as close as I could to 'home' then gave it a good tug towards the rear of the car to 'seat' it
Puxa