Unsolved Suspension Steering Problem with my C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

Unsolved Suspension Steering Problem with my C5

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

Hi,

So I picked up my C5 II 3.0V6 today from the mechanic and the front end still have issues: I have replaced the sway bar drop links, sway bar bushings, lower ball joint, both A-Arms (since it was cheaper than obtaining just the replacement bushings in China), inner tie-rod end on the left side (we have found no play in the right inner tie rod end and both outer tie rod end), no play in the steering rack, acceptable play in the steering column CV / Cardan joint. However, when my vehicle goes over rough joints, such as tram lines, speed bumps with some speed, the front steering wheel still shakes and vibrates / oscillate, making the me feel that there is still something lose in the front end. The mechanic that is working on my car worked at the Peugoet dealership and he is also baffled. (So far, he is the best person I have found in my small town in China that has the patience to work with me on this vehicle). So, what else would is left to replace to remedy this lose front end / knock / kick back feel at the steering wheel? We also retorque all bolts on the subframe and steering rack.

Much appreciate all your support on this matter.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Unsolved Suspension Steering Problem with my C5

Post by Peter.N. »

Have you had the wheels balanced? If yes and the problem is still there try swapping the front and rear wheels, could be a faulty tyre.

Peter