Citroen relay 2.2 2008

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markiemark71159
My Cars: Citroen relay mk2 & 3

Citroen relay 2.2 2008

Post by markiemark71159 »

Hi Guys

Got a few probs with the 08 relay

I managed to loose my engine bay fuse box cover. change fuse at garage and left cover behind.
Anyway got caught in really bad weather. Rain rain rain. Got home been in the house about hour when i heard a horn going off. Turns out to be the relay. Had to disconect the battery to stop it. Left it disconnected until morning. Reconnect the battery and all fine again. Van started no issues. The next day got up out to van. Van dead. Battery flat ( which is less than 6 months old. I had also changed alternator in the last 3 as bearing was going. ) Recharged the battery and off i went again. Next day battery dead again. Took battery back and got an exchange. Next day battery dead again. Anyway after hearing a low buzz sound turns out the diesel pump is running all the time even when ignition is off. I presume this running all night etc is discharging the battery. I decided to have a look at the relay. Pulled this and pump still ran. Pulled the fuel pump cut off switch ( collision cut off on. mind gone blank ) pump still ran. Pulled fuse in engine fuebox and this cut it off. Put it back in and off pump goes running again.
I took another look at the fusebox pulling it up to take a look at the connection etc were i found water in the bottom of the fusebox. Prob a good inch & halve worth. Took board out. Stripped it down and gave it a good spray with wd40. ( Ps i had ordered and already replaced the lid. ) Reassembled it all but still have the diesel pump running.
Any advise as i now have to disconnect the battery when stopping anyware for a while.
Getting fustrated now

Cheers in advance