Hello looking in to possibly buying the above as a run around for the kids.
The 305 I have is not safe enough I have concluded and the pajero I take them about in is so bloody thirsty.
What do we reckon?
Cheers
Pug 405 quasar estate 1996
-
ekjdm14
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 1989
- Joined: 19 Jan 2015, 17:42
- x 263
Re: Pug 405 quasar estate 1996
I think if safety is the main issue then even something smaller but more modern would be a better solution. Not sure on the figures but I would think a 206/206SW would be much safer than a 405 estate or even the Paj depending when that was built...
You wouldn't have to get into too much in the way of electronics if that's a problem at all, the earlier 206 wasn't multiplexed and could even be had with a variant of the old XUD9 TD lump, known as the DW8...
If something dictates that it MUST be an older car, then I would suggest you look into a Volvo or Saab since they have immensely strong shells.
You wouldn't have to get into too much in the way of electronics if that's a problem at all, the earlier 206 wasn't multiplexed and could even be had with a variant of the old XUD9 TD lump, known as the DW8...
If something dictates that it MUST be an older car, then I would suggest you look into a Volvo or Saab since they have immensely strong shells.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 29k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD, White, 88k
'98 306 1.9D, Cherry Red, 180?k
'05 "Fraud Fuco" Focus stopgap/beater
'12 Mini freebie project
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 29k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD, White, 88k
'98 306 1.9D, Cherry Red, 180?k
'05 "Fraud Fuco" Focus stopgap/beater
'12 Mini freebie project