C5 suspension problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nod
My Cars:

C5 suspension problems

Post by nod »

Hi,
I have a 2003 C5 petrol estate, last weekend the serious suspension light came on, car was still driving ok, I checked the fluid and it was right at the bottom of the filter trap so I topped it up to the halfway up the trap and all seemed ok. next day the light came on again but only when coming down from speed bumps and then went out. I picked up my daughter and husband they sat in the back of the car and the back went right down and would not rise on the button and they had to get out and use their own car, when they got out the car rose up on its own and drove ok with the warning only coming on when going over speed bumps.
Today I was under the car and sprayed both front and back hight sensors, went to the shops about 2klm and all was ok but coming home the light came on again, I disconnected the battery for a good half hour and connected it back following the correct procedure went for a small drive and the light came on again the pump is working and the car is driving beautifully but now will not rise and fall on the buttons. I cant see any leaking fluid anywhere,
anybody got any suggestions. thanks