Confused Question not sure where to put this question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Billathome65
My Cars: Renault Clio Mk2 1,2 16V Ph2 with the D4F engine ( Current repair project )

Citroen C3 1.4 LX 2002

Confused Question not sure where to put this question

Post by Billathome65 »

Hi i posted up about my c3 2002 loosing charge a while ago and still got the issue.

Background The car runs fine but when its sat engine off there is an intermittent first turn over none start basically dash lights go of but second attemt t starts OK. The clock resets etc etc.

I have had the alternator checked and that was confirmed as good. I have changed the battery which is a proven good battery but the issue is still there. This has resulted in the power steering playing up after a hard break so is a cause for concern.

What I have noticed is that the heat gauge tends to rise when sat in traffic but no overheating but turn the engine off leave for 5 minutes and all's back to normal. I am thinking the fan isn't kicking in but not 100% as not had time to leave it running to check it so when i get a moment I will check this and if needed do a 12v check to fan directly to ensure the fan is working.

Now here's the strange thing. I was sat waiting to pick the wife up from work I was early so was sat engine off key on with radio running all of a sudden I hear a beeping I look down to see the battery light flashing and the temp gauge showing in the red although the engine wasn't running why would this be???

I shut the car down fully and after about 5 minutes the temp gauge was clear.

surly if the engine is not running then these lights should not have illuminated and a radio don't use that much power that it drains a good battery so could I have a issue with the relay shorting to ground? If the relay is shorting then this may account for this strange behavior?

Where is the relay to the fan. where's the fuse to check that to

Any ideas on what could be causing what seems to be a parasitic draw or causing this issue??

Thanks guys
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Confused Question not sure where to put this question

Post by demag »

My first thought would be bad earth connection somewhere.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.