xantia imobilizer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickflan
My Cars:

xantia imobilizer

Post by mickflan »

hi all,
i have a xantia 1.9td sx on a 95 plate it has the old type imobilzer could this be changed to the key pad type it is getting on my nerves i keep losing the little black stick lol.
any help would be greatly appreciated.....cheers ..mick
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the little black stick sounds more like an aftermarket imobiliser,to fit the keypad system would be very expensive & would require the the replacement of the diesel injection pump & a lot of wiring.it would probably be easier to just bypass it.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

if the xantias immobiliser/alarm is similar to the ZX's, to removed the alarm and immobiliser is very easy, it simply unplugs!its a great idea for when and if you want to replace it but not for keeping it safe from thieves... 2 minutes and it would bypassed.
Dan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

(if it is the standard factory fit imobiliser) you cant just unplug it to bypass it,if you already know the code then you can unlock it disconnect it & it will stay unlocked.to bypass the imobiliser without the code requires the removal of the injection pump & removing its cover which is held on with shear head bolts.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Oddly enough, I reset my key code to 0000 in the hope that it wouldn't need a code input (so that I could disconnect the key pad) - and it still continued to request a code!
mickflan
My Cars:

Post by mickflan »

well guys i have not seen this sort of imobiliser on a xantia nearly all of them have the keypad type but mine hasnt it is a little black box type thingy at the side of the ignition barrel thats where i have to put this little black stick so all the dash lites up any ideas?