Cant find my diagnostic socket Help !! Please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Cant find my diagnostic socket Help !! Please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hello,

having bought my Lexia I cant seem to find the diagnostic socket on my 2007 Mk2 C5 Exclusive.
Ive looked in the glove compartments on both sides with a torch and Nothing
Ive even looked up under the pedals and still nothing.
Any Ideas please?

I hope I haven't bought a lexia and I cant plug into the car, feeling a bit stupid now. #-o #-o #-o

Thanks in advance

regards.

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Cant find my diagnostic socket Help !! Please?

Post by Stickyfinger »

Under the bottom cover in the center console
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

err can you be a bit more specific please?
Ive just pulled the centre consul apart and I still can't see a diagnostic socket anywhere
beneath it unless it is forward of the consul/
There is a black box beneath the ashtray at the back of the consul but I don't have a rear lower panel on mine.
The black plastic box seems to support the bottom of the ashtray and doesn't seem to have any sockets in it.
is there a possibility its under the bonnet?
god that handbrake boot is a pain to put back again.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Oops.....my error :(....read as a 2009.

On the 2007 Mk2 Facelift it is behind a removable panel by the fuse box I think. Where the spare fuses live

Soz
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
falling-out-with-my-car

ahh I pulled that fuse holder out and nothing behind it unless its fallen down, Ill take another look.
falling-out-with-my-car

Alisdair,

Thanks just had to pull out the whole panel inside the glove box instead of the little
black spare fuse holder which sits inside the Bigger panel.
This larger panel has a pocket in it.
Blimey Citroen didn't really want you to find the socket did they?
Just had a little phaff about with the OBD2 plug it seems to require quit a bit of force to
to get it to go home properly, but now I can play till my hearts content with my lexia.

thanks again.

regards

Nigel.