Citroen c3 misfire/spluttering/cutting out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JonathanS
My Cars: Citroen C3

Citroen c3 misfire/spluttering/cutting out

Post by JonathanS »

Hi guys, having issues with a 2006 c3 1.4 16v petrol, here is a list of symptoms & whats been done so far, hopefully someone can help!

Starts on flick of the key, idles ok for 2 - 3 seconds then develops a slight misfire

splutters and coughs/tries to cut out when revved (when stationary and when pulling away) until over 1500rpm, then runs/drives fine, pulls fine through the whole rev range until revs drop below 1500rpm again, pull up at junctions e.t.c, then back to bunny hopping and spluttering, just bogs down and occasionally cuts out until over 1500rpm, sometimes backfires too, seems better if I'm very gentle with the throttle

The eml light is NOT on and doesn't come on while driving, but I have plugged it in and it had codes logged for front and rear o2 sensors

Replaced both o2 sensors (no improvement), replaced map sensor, coil pack, plugs, all filters and ran some fuel treatment through it, drove it 100 miles, still no improvement, if anything it's getting worse, also checked for vac leaks, everything appears to be fine, no more codes coming up, have also cleaned the throttle body but nothing I've done so far has improved the issue

Any advice, I can access live data if anyone needs it?

Thanks in advance.
Mjockey
My Cars: Citroen C3 Petrol

Re: Citroen c3 misfire/spluttering/cutting out

Post by Mjockey »

Hi
I know its a bit late but ive just bought a Citroen C3, 2003 and its having the same problems as yours did... and then some.. I am struggling to get any detailed information for my questions, because everything is pointing to a Fuel Filter that apparently some models have and some dont...Therefore, nobody can confirm its location??? I have found an unidentified filter type object, under the drivers side rear... its cannister shaped with 3 pipes attached to the top and is approximately 4 inch in diameter, and about 9 / 10 inch in depth. It is hidden by a plastic removable panel (From Under the car obviously) and Is linked to the fuel pipe, The cannister is Mounted in such a way that it has Caused the kinking of a pipe comming from the top of the fuel tank (im not certain if this a fuel line or otherwise, because i am not motor minded... ) There is also a 2nd pipe comming from above the fuel tank that has a connection to the unit That Can be removed as well as a 3rd pipe that seems to be secured... ( if forced may break unit ).... Can you please offer any advise? suggestions?