2.0Hdi 8 Valve-Camshaft Sensor refitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

2.0Hdi 8 Valve-Camshaft Sensor refitting

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

....reversal of removal....I know....but

Its been months since I removed it, and just putting all the bits I had taken off back together I dont have an obvious fixing "bolt" for the sensor.

I have looked for pics on the net of that end of the engine but none detailed enough to show me the fitment. I have also looked at service citroen hopefully for the diagram the bolt and the spec for the bolt, but my access is the free one and cant find what I was looking for,

Short of being extremely forward with a member of the public with an HDi and asking them to pop up their bonnet while I have a look...I thought I would ask the FCF!

There is a bit adjustment on it but it looks really easy to ensure destruction of the said sensor if you poke it too near the camshaft sprocket. I would hope even on the max adjustment towards the shaft allowed by the bolt slot this couldn;t happen?

Couple of pics to show what I am on about....
Camshaft Sensor Mounting Location<br />original N Falcon 6.3.17
Camshaft Sensor Mounting Location
original N Falcon 6.3.17
Camshaft Sensor and a totally unrelated mystery bracket...where does it go?<br />original N.Falcon 6.3.17
Camshaft Sensor and a totally unrelated mystery bracket...where does it go?
original N.Falcon 6.3.17
Thanks

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re: 2.0Hdi 8 Valve-Camshaft Sensor refitting

..The internet's best picture of the bolt....does service-citroen give the spec for the bolt...length/thread etc.
HDi Camshaft Sensor in situ
HDi Camshaft Sensor in situ
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
yannbeam
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 07 Picasso 1.6 95 Xantia VSX 97 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive Xantia 2.0tct Estate Talbot Sunbeam TI

Post by yannbeam »

The bolt is shown as M4 x 12mm and is no longer available. From memory I think it was a Torx headed bolt. You have to set the gap on refitting but I cant remember what it is. I think it may have been around 1mm.
Ian
NewcastleFalcon

yannbeam wrote:The bolt is shown as M4 x 12mm and is no longer available. From memory I think it was a Torx headed bolt. You have to set the gap on refitting but I cant remember what it is. I think it may have been around 1mm.
Thanks Yannbeam thats exactly what I was needing, now that I know what I am looking for I may even be able to find the original but if not I'll see what my local agricultural engineer has in store..its a treasure trove of such things in well organised racks and antique little tins!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
yannbeam wrote:The bolt is shown as M4 x 12mm.......
Thanks Yannbeam ..... I'll see what my local agricultural engineer has in store..its a treasure trove of such things in well organised racks and antique little tins!
Well no M4's on the racks, but in the well organised "Tins" got a couple of appropriately sized threaded screws with a slot head, cut it to the appropriate length with the cutting disk on the dremmel, put a drop of threadlock on and fitted the sensor fine.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, and after a few turns to get the fuel flowing, the engine after a lay off of getting on for a year fired up.

Thanks for the info

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
yannbeam
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 07 Picasso 1.6 95 Xantia VSX 97 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive Xantia 2.0tct Estate Talbot Sunbeam TI

Post by yannbeam »

Thats good to hear. The Hdi is a very good engine, and I've always found them to be reliable. Glad I could be of help. :)
Ian