Partner 1.6HDi 90BHP engine swap - Diagbox query (Ireland)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tirconnail
My Cars: Peugeot Partner 600 LX HDi (90BHP)

Partner 1.6HDi 90BHP engine swap - Diagbox query (Ireland)

Post by tirconnail »

Hi folks,

I was advised to post over here from a thread I started on the Berlingo Forums (https://www.berlingoforum.com/Thread-En ... e-swap-ECU)

I have a 2007 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi 90BHP in need of an engine. I've sourced an affordable, matching engine from a crashed Berlingo so hoping to swap them over but need some further advice on what needs to be kept from the old engine

I've been advised to stick with the injectors in the new engine and get them "coded" into the existing ECU which suits I suppose as I don't fancy removing the injectors from the crapped engine... them being well baked to the head at this stage! I need a bit of clarification as to what else I need or don't need to carry over from the old engine to keep the ECU happy. I've been advised to retain the fuel pump and rail from the old engine which is doable but if I need to get some ECU work done to accept the injectors, would it be possible to just also code the fuel pump and rail from the new engine into the ECU to save the labour of swapping them?

Next query would be about Diagbox / PP2000 software. I understand we can get setup do it ourselves but I might be better to look at getting someone up for an evening. I'm in the NW of Ireland so if anyone knows someone doing this work up about Sligo, Donegal or the border, their details might come in handy

Thanks folks
ell270390
My Cars: Citroën C5

Re: Partner 1.6HDi 90BHP engine swap - Diagbox query (Ireland)

Post by ell270390 »

All sounds good to me and yes the injectors can be coded to the existing engine ecu. When you get the injectors coded also reset the autoadaptives which will basically reset the engine ecu for Any tolerances it would have made for the other engine ie worn or clogging up parts.
tirconnail
My Cars: Peugeot Partner 600 LX HDi (90BHP)

Post by tirconnail »

Thanks ell,

Pretty cool to learn that the ECU makes adjustments over time to account for wear and tear on the engine!

My plan might have hit a roadblock though. I've been told over on another forum that the Berlingo engine (what I had sourced) uses a Siemens fuel system while the current engine in my Peugeot uses a Bosch fuel system. Considering my plan was to keep and code the Berlingo injectors and then transplant the pumps and rail over from the Peugeot, should this still keep me in the clear? Might there be any other differences between the two fuel systems that I'd need to account for?
ell270390

Post by ell270390 »

Carnt say iv ever tried two different fuel system together! Unsure if this would work as the engine ecu is most likely configured to a single certain system!. I would try remove the injectors out of the other engine and use them if that engine still runs get it hot and loosen injector fixing nuts slightly whist running this should loosen them up if your get a chuffing sound and smoke it's a good sign they will come out!. If that fails id personaly test your other injectors that came with the new engine to see if it runs/works!! Engine would still start and run if not coded!!. Coding on these engine fine tunes them!. Hope this helps
Bick

Post by Bick »

What about the immobiliser side of things with the new pump? Or does it not work that way on the HDI's?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

AFAIK there is only one injection system on the 1.6 HDI - the Siemens / Bosch debate goes back to the early 2.0 HDis, the Bosch system (which had the in tank pump) largely being dropped by 2002/3 ish. There's no need to change over the pump, rail or injectors - as ell says, although the injectors are 'coded' it will run without the correct coding, but it might have a bit of injection knock / rattle.
Richard W
ell270390

Post by ell270390 »

Second what Richard says! The fuel system isn't immobilised on the dv6 engines theres is programming but just for fine tuning