Taking the Micky

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Taking the Micky

Post by Richard Gallagher »

This afternoon having washed my xantia, I was now hosing it down when something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.
Namely a mouse sitting on top of the nearside wiper next to the tax disc looking directly at me[:D]
After slapping myself around the face I got the wife to make sure I wasn't seeing things at which point he disappeared.......
Being rather curious as to where he had come from I checked under the bonnet only to discover that he had made a nest next to the heater inlet by scraping off the plastic and foam lining[:(!]
No I haven't been on the 'sauce' or strange substances, I'm now waiting for untold electrical problems and for him to get caught in the trap I've set him[}:)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

He wasn't wearing clogs was he? Like in the old kids song.
Kered

Post by Kered »

Incredible eyesight to spot it was a "he".[:D]
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

At least it's a mouse with taste mate!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Good point, to be that crafty it must be a female!!!
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

But females dont venture outside in the cold, they usualy just hibernate and squeak a lot, you aint met the missus, she pops up on my car a lot, I just wish it was moving at the time!!!!!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

train him to hold a spanner, there could be a new way of getting to those awkward places!
Stewart
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Probably just waiting for a hot bath when the heater matrix bursts[:D]
You could ask him to check the cluth cable clip while he's down there[:D]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Just a thought of how to get rid of him/her/it...........
Suspension on high over very bumpy road 70mph plus will soon persuade him/her/it to evacuate, used to live in a house with mice and they absolutely adored electrical insulation.....BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID[:D]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Well an overnight development, Micky has suffered a fatal blow to the head, literally.
However, it develops that there is more than one of the little blighters due to the bait of my daughters birthday cake being disturbed after Micky 1's body was removed.
I am now looking for assistance from you kind souls on this forum for the loan of a twelve bore shotgun.....................
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

If you do use traps, chocolate works much better than cheese... And place the trap against a wall, for some reason mice prefer to stay close to the outside walls rather than cross the middle of a room-space..
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

It says here in the haynes manual that specalist tools are required to remove......
OOh crikey best take it to a dealer to remove it then[:D]
Christ on a bike can you imagine the bill at dealer
(Quote) Immerse vehicle in tank of water for 3-4 days remembering to use axel stands and after dissconnecting battery due to risk of explosion[:D]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I once had a mouse living in one of my BX's, he & I used to commute daily from Lincoln to Sheffield for a while.....
I first realised there must be something living in the car when I left an unopened bag of crisps on the seat and returned next morning to find the corner chewed off and bits of crisp all over.
I set several traps around the car (and chocolate does work very well, as James has already suggested), on the seats, floor etc - I just had to be very careful were I put my left hand when driving on unlit roads at night; SNAP! OUCH ![:0]
After a day or two I found the little devil dead in the trap behind the passenger seat [xx(] I think he/she had got in through the large rubber grommet where the speedo cable goes through the bulkhead on RHD BX's.
Nick
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

It must be an XM. (Xtra Mouse)
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

give the car a jet wash...that'll scare the little bugger! lol.