Any Members in Wokingham ? Xantia in distress

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yannbeam
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 07 Picasso 1.6 95 Xantia VSX 97 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive Xantia 2.0tct Estate Talbot Sunbeam TI

Any Members in Wokingham ? Xantia in distress

Post by yannbeam »

I know this is an odd request but please bear with me as I'm starting to get desperate ! I am in the process of aquiring a V6 Xantia and have hit a snag. The car needs to be moved but my transport has fallen through. I went to hire a transporter and discovered my Photo card licence has expired.( I now have a vague memory of a reminder coming in the post and promptly being forgotten about #-o ) I cannot tow a car trailer with my licence but my cousin has one so I thought I would try him. Turns out the brakes are shot on his trailer, and he hasnt realy got the time for a jolly at the moment anyway.

So are there any members in Wokingham with a spare driveway who wouldnt mind a Xantia being left there for a day or two ? [-o< I was hoping to get it saturday but the garage is closed, so might need to move it friday with a view to bringing it home saturday or sunday. Any help geatfully recieved.
Thanks.
Ian
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Any Members in Wokingham ? Xantia in distress

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I wish I could help (I live in the Reading area), but I cannot. However, I will wish you good luck.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mickeymoon

Re: Any Members in Wokingham ? Xantia in distress

Post by mickeymoon »

yannbeam wrote:I know this is an odd request but please bear with me as I'm starting to get desperate ! I am in the process of aquiring a V6 Xantia and have hit a snag. The car needs to be moved but my transport has fallen through. I went to hire a transporter and discovered my Photo card licence has expired.( I now have a vague memory of a reminder coming in the post and promptly being forgotten about #-o ) I cannot tow a car trailer with my licence but my cousin has one so I thought I would try him. Turns out the brakes are shot on his trailer, and he hasnt realy got the time for a jolly at the moment anyway.

So are there any members in Wokingham with a spare driveway who wouldnt mind a Xantia being left there for a day or two ? [-o< I was hoping to get it saturday but the garage is closed, so might need to move it friday with a view to bringing it home saturday or sunday. Any help geatfully recieved.
Thanks.
How long is "a day or two"? I live in Twyford and might be able to stick it on my drive for a couple of days.. I'm very close to Twyford station if that helps..