FOUND LEAK

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Foxy
My Cars:

FOUND LEAK

Post by Foxy »

I took out the carpet and underlay and removed the plastic surronds in the tailgate area. Then I got inside the back whilst the missus sprayed water all over rear of the car. After 5 mins I spotted water coming through the offside corner radius of the hatch seal (I presume it is coming underneath the seal), roughly around the rubber hatch stop and the plunger switch area,then runs down into the floor pan over spare wheel.
I lifted off the seal on the bend and noticed some sort of factory sealant used on swaged edge had come off and stuck inside seal.
Please does anyone have any suggestions how to cure the leak permanently?
I also noticed that the interior courtesy light only works manually , when the plunger is released in operational mode the light remains dead. Do I need to repl?
Cheers
FOXY[?]ace the plunger switch whilst I'm at it
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Would be nice to know model/type/year of your car - before guessing to your problem [}:)]
Foxy
My Cars:

Post by Foxy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

Would be nice to know model/type/year of your car - before guessing to your problem [}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Hi Anders
The car is a CitroenZX 1996 1.9TD Avantage 5 door hatch. Good point!!
Having looked again, the water could possibly be coming in through the overlap , where two skins meet and running down the inside skin!
Cheers
FOXY