Citroen C2 HDI won't start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lewisedge
My Cars: Citroën C2 1.4 HDI

Citroen C2 HDI won't start

Post by lewisedge »

Hi all,

I've recently changed an injector on my Citroen C2 1.4 HDI & now I have ended up with a car that doesn't start at all!

It doesn't even cough, not firing at all.

I'm getting a P1641 Permanent Fault in Injector(s) control Power Stage in Lexia.

There is a bit of chafing on the injector wiring loom, but it doesn't look like anything has worn though, though obviously the loom has been disturbed.

To verify which injector had the issue, I started the car with one of them disconnected, I'm wondering if this may have caused an issue in the ECU?

My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

Does anyone have an idea of what might be the issue here?

Thanks, Lewis.
dnsey

Re: Citroen C2 HDI won't start

Post by dnsey »

There are warnings in the Lexia script not to disconnect injectors with the engine running, so it might indeed have damaged the ECU, I'm afraid.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The reason Lexia warns you not to do that is if it has piezo type injectors if you unplug the injector & it happens to be open then it will stay open & can potentially hydralic lock the engine by filling the cylinder with fuel. Peizo injectors need to be powered open then powered closed.
lewisedge
My Cars: Citroën C2 1.4 HDI

Post by lewisedge »

Gotcha, would this stop the car starting though?

I've not disconnected any of the injectors with it running, so surely they'd be closed at a standstill?

I've got a 2nd ECU which is also coded to the same car, have just tried it and am getting the same fault.

I have just noticed there's a blue connector attached to the injector loom hanging loose at the back of the engine, I have no recollection of disconnecting it & can't see where it's supposed to be plugged in, anyone got a clue?