xud pump wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

langbaybart
My Cars: xsara td 1998

xud pump wiring

Post by langbaybart »

hi new to this forum so please be patient as am crap at spelling. i have just removed the amoring off a lucas dpc xud 110 pump , i have now realised that if you feed 12v to the wires a certain way the stop opens , but like a fool i cut the plug off the stop so can not find which wire needs plus and neg so i can make up a bypass for the bloody immobilizer :rofl2:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: xud pump wiring

Post by Peter.N. »

If it has an encapsulated fuel solenoid I'm afraid you will have to remove the pump and take of the armour around the solenoid or change the pump for one that has an external solenoid with just one wire connection.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You must be careful here as the stop solenoid that operates with the immobiliser may not use the full 12V supply to energise it. Applying the full 12V to it could burn it out.

Also, you must also ensure the ECU remains powered and operational as otherwise electronic timing control and glowplugs will fail to work.

You should be able to see the stop solenoid and the wiring to it and therefore work out which wires feed the solenoid.

I don't recognise an XUD 110 engine fitted with a Lucas DPC pump. Can you advise more specifically precisely what XUD engine this is and exactly what injection pump is fitted...

To my knowledge the only later XUD fitted with the armoured Lucas DPC was the 90 bhp 1.9TD.

Some pictures of the pump and what you have done will help too...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
langbaybart
My Cars: xsara td 1998

Post by langbaybart »

its a 98 1.9 td estate it met green, dpc xud 110 is the number on the pump , thought there was something a miss voltage wise as the resistance is all strange at the stop wiring and it only open one way , i was clutching at straws but have now got a single wire stop selonod . so mine could be 90 bhp then , it does seam to go when it wants to . i also have a identical engin for parts , is there any way to find out if its the same , o and the pump i have striped is out of the spare 90000 miles i was told , would like to build it up and run it but need a sump
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's better :D 1.9TD only give 110BHP when tweaked a bit :lol:

90BHP from them is good and perfectly adequate I find... I still love the old 1.9TD greatly...

So, originally your pump had the two-wire solenoid...

Was going to suggest replacing it with a single-wire one from an earlier non-armoured DPC but you beat me to it...

Generally all 1.9 TD XUD engines are very much of a muchness and only really significantly vary in ancillary items - those mainly that are easy to swap from one to another such as auxiliary drive arrangements, vacuum pumps, alternator mounts and PAS/hydraulic pump mounts and so on.

Even Bosch and Lucas injection pumps can be swapped around provided you also swap injectors and delivery pipes.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...