peugeot 205 diesel van

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Martinstainwolvo
My Cars:

peugeot 205 diesel van

Post by Martinstainwolvo »

im having problems with my 205 diesel van. i changed the heater plugs not so long ago because the van was being a bit of a b*!"£ to start in the cold and damp conditions. all was great for a few weeks but now im having the same problem again. i took a heater plug out to look at its condition to find that it is as black as a piece of coal. can anyone help
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Clogged injectors? The glowplugs sit in the pre-combustion chamber below the injectors so will give an indication of their condition.
I'd give it a strong dose of injector cleaner - they say Forte is the best, if you can find it - and hope that cures it.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Have you tested it, if its ok test the relay.
Are they the correct plugs or die soon el cheapo types.
If the preheat is all ok is there air getting in, try priming before starting.
Dave
Martinstainwolvo
My Cars:

Post by Martinstainwolvo »

thanks lads
dave the plugs i put in were halfords own brand, not cheap, well not to my pocket at the time, just one thing though what do you mean by priming (im a carpenter and not very intelligant)
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Halfords are very expensive. For future reference look up Motor Factors in the Yellow Pages, there will be one near you. Oh look! There's one right at your fingertips. D'OH!
I'll let somebody else explain priming, if you still have the van's handbook I think it tells you in there somewhere.
Edited because I forgot where I was posting. Sorry guys.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Glowplugs from GSF £4.50 plus vat and they wont be shoit.
To prime it, switch the ignition on and operate the manual fuel pump untill resistance is felt, then a couple more pumps after that.
The pump will be on the fuel filter housing of early vehicles, not sure if they progressed to the rubber bulb type later on.
Lucas/Cav type requires the pump plunger to be released by unscrewing it then lifting and pressing down repeatedly, don't raise the plunger fast though, it will detach from its shaft if you do.
The other type is Bosch, these usualy just have button than is pressed repeatedly.
Dave
Kin typo's.