307 1.4 HDI Anti Pollution Fault, HELP PLEASE

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

307 1.4 HDI Anti Pollution Fault, HELP PLEASE

Post by avamotor »

My car passed the MOT today which is excellent, however as i was driving home, the longer i drove for, the engine was making a fair old clattering noise, so i suspect i am likely to need a replacement engine (1.4 hdi C8HZ) as the car has been to the moon and back in terms of mileage.

As I stopped outside the house, the dreaded "Anti Pollution Fault" message appeared on the screen and the engine cut out, wouldn't restart initially but following re-priming of the diesel bulb restored resistance of fuel in the pipes so that's obviously drawing air in (pipes under rocker cover done them before but not cheap), however read the codes and got:-

Engine ECU, Permanent fault, Rail Pressure Sensor Supply, Supply outside tolerance.

Details I noted were:-

ECU fault code P1614
Engine Speed 0 rpm
Battery Voltage 12 Volt(s)
Coolant Temperature 74 deg. c
ECU internal date 41
Engine Status power latch, post operation
Mileage 632 km

Does this mean as i cant seem to clear this code there is a problem the diesel supply to the fuel rail of the supply voltage to the fuel rail sensor?

Has anyone had this before and how do you test for a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor?
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Re: 307 1.4 HDI Anti Pollution Fault, HELP PLEASE

Post by avamotor »

Having done some checking with multi meter and earth/supply leads, I found the earth lead between the battery and gearbox/car body, had resistance of about 2.7 ohms which was also the same story at the sensors of the diesel fuel rail, mass air flow sensor and cam sensor.

Thought this needed to be less than 1 ohm or at least as close to 0 ohm as humanly possible to ensure a good earth point. Took off the battery earth lead to clean and wire brush the car body, gearbox contact and then also the lead itself. Checked the earth resistance between the car body contact point to the ECU earth wires (the 5 or so that I could find) and all read a resistance of 0.2 ohm

I also noticed that the "lift style" battery clamp doesn't seem to grip the negative pole so well and could be turn thus not making a secure connection with the negative pole, so I will need to help the battery clamp with a hammer and chisel to provide some better grip. The lead has some strands snapped where the cable meets the clamp, so I feel it would be better and safer to make up a new cable.

The cable on the car at the moment between battery pole and gearbox terminal is stamped up SFP 25 T2, and second cable between gearbox terminal and car body is stamped up SFP 16 T2. Does this means that the main cable between the battery and gearbox lug is 25mm2 cable and the other is 16mm2 although I'm not certain as to what amperage the cables are designed to carry, also is the reference T2 important as a cable consideration

Help would be appreciated