Programmimg with lexia help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DinuIoan
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6hdi 2011
Renault Megane 3 1.5dci 2011

Programmimg with lexia help

Post by DinuIoan »

Hello , recently i have bought lexia 4 for my citroen c5 2011 and i want to kmow how to erase a permanent error like airbag fault , because if i simply delete the fault it appears immediatly after that. And how do i activate by example when i press the unlock button on my remote to open the led lights too, smth like follow me home , but when i unlock the car . Or other programmimg tips , thank you!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Programmimg with lexia help

Post by Stickyfinger »

You have to READ and CLEAR on the ECU section before a general clearance of faults.....then do the correct BSI reset.

Always have a 100% charged battery.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

I had deleted other errors , temporary errors and it worked , but this one is on the airbag circuit and it can't be simply deleted , i think i need to fool the car that is no problem there , but how ?
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

Can you be a little more explicit please ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

1) First, if you have a permanent error, you can't simply erase it until the problem is sorted out! - that is the purpose. The error will keep coming back as there is a problem that the ECU is not happy about. You need to look at the error codes and that will give you an indication of what the problem may be.
2) Follow me home lighting should already be active. It does not work on the LED Daytime Running Lights - it usually works on the headlamps. It is activated in 2 ways:

Automatically: Access the menu (car must be running and the car must be stationary). Press the right hand wheel in and the menu will appear - go to Vehicle Parameters / Lighting & Signalling, then scroll to 'Guide Me Home Lamps' and press the scroll wheel on the option to activate. You can then set the time for the lamps to stay on. The lamps will then always come on in low light levels if the auto lights are set to 'Auto' and switch off after the set time.

Manually: If you just want to activate these manually, then with the ignition off, just pull the light stalk towards you.

You should not need the Lexia to do this unless it has been deactivated, but this is not likely. It should aslo work when pressing the 'Light' button on the key fob.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

Hello and thanks for the response !
I know that my car is not happy about this airbag error and i can't simply delete it , it says "short circuit to earth" on LH courtain airbag , i want to know if i can fool the car that this problem was solved .

And i have coming home when i turn off the ignition , but what i wanted to say is leaving home i guess . When I press the unlock button on my key i want to open the lights too . Sorry if i explained wrong
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

And I don't have the comfort menu on if i press the right hand wheel , i have only lighting and signalling , is there a problem with my car or i simply don't have it ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

DinuIoan wrote:Hello and thanks for the response !
I know that my car is not happy about this airbag error and i can't simply delete it , it says "short circuit to earth" on LH courtain airbag , i want to know if i can fool the car that this problem was solved .

And i have coming home when i turn off the ignition , but what i wanted to say is leaving home i guess . When I press the unlock button on my key i want to open the lights too . Sorry if i explained wrong
As I said - NO. The airbag system is tightly integrated into the car's systems and you cannot simply fool the system. It is either faulty or working. If there seems to be a short circuit - it might be a broken wire that needs to be traced and repaired for example. You can clear the fault, but it will return immediately on starting the car if the problem is still there as it has a self-diagnosis every time you start the car. Be very careful with any airbag wiring - don't use any multi-meters on it as they have been known to blow up and cause an injury if triggered - always disconnect the battery and wait for 10 minutes before doing any work on the airbag systems.

Next - There is no function to switch the lights on when unlocking the car. If you want the headlights on and it is dark, press the lights button on the fob.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

DinuIoan wrote:And I don't have the comfort menu on if i press the right hand wheel , i have only lighting and signalling , is there a problem with my car or i simply don't have it ?
What is you VIN - you may not have that option.

Marc
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
DinuIoan wrote:Hello and thanks for the response !

As I said - NO. The airbag system is tightly integrated into the car's systems and you cannot simply fool the system. It is either faulty or working. If there seems to be a short circuit - it might be a broken wire that needs to be traced and repaired for example. You can clear the fault, but it will return immediately on starting the car if the problem is still there as it has a self-diagnosis every time you start the car. Be very careful with any airbag wiring - don't use any multi-meters on it as they have been known to blow up and cause an injury if triggered - always disconnect the battery and wait for 10 minutes before doing any work on the airbag systems.

Next - There is no function to switch the lights on when unlocking the car. If you want the headlights on and it is dark, press the lights button on the fob.

I had a bmw e90 that had the same problem with an airbag fault and i went to a person with a diagnostic program and he fooled the car somehow and the airbag error didn't appeared anymore . I guess is not the same here on my citroen .
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

GiveMeABreak wrote: What is you VIN - you may not have that option.
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Where can i find what i suppose to have on my car by checking tne vin number ?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You would have to access the Citroen Service system. I cannot explain further (as I have not used it), but I would expect that somebody with the right access may well find out for you, and then PM you the details.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:You would have to access the Citroen Service system. I cannot explain further (as I have not used it), but I would expect that somebody with the right access may well find out for you, and then PM you the details.
Ok thank you !
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

DinuIoan wrote:
Hell Razor5543 wrote:You would have to access the Citroen Service system. I cannot explain further (as I have not used it), but I would expect that somebody with the right access may well find out for you, and then PM you the details.
Ok thank you !
That's why I asked for your VIN - I've emailed you your specs.

Just to confirm, you don't have the comfort option on this car - it's not a Hydractive 3+ Model, so not an Exclusive, and the comfort function is isn't available with manual seats.

Marc
DinuIoan

Post by DinuIoan »

GiveMeABreak wrote: That's why I asked for your VIN - I've emailed you your specs.

Just to confirm, you don't have the comfort option on this car - it's not a Hydractive 3+ Model, so not an Exclusive, and the comfort function is isn't available with manual seats.
Didn't knew that, thanks for that!