Fault codes f701 f702

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Fault codes f701 f702

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hey all, so today i discovered these 2 fault codes in my 407. it cleared out for a while then reappeared. it keeps saying passenger humidity sensor fault- I took it out and cleaned it up and put it back- fault still shows up. some sort of loose wire is jingling around in the sensor itself. And i cant find any online to buy- not even used!

then for some reason the cabin temperature sensor is also acting up. is this the sensor located on the drivers wing mirror? some sources report that if that sensor goes, the temperature would show up as -- or wrong. but my read correct external temperature.

On tthe dashboard, in the middle of the console where there is some air distribution, there is a little black bubble there, i took that off but theres nothing under it or inside- its just a black plastic cap.

ANy one have ever had these issues?
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Fault codes f701 f702

Post by demag »

Have you changed the pollen filter? An old one will cause humidity problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Yes. I changed that a year ago and I keep it on cabin air recycling so it doesn't force Intake of outside air.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I think the temperature sensor is by the rear view mirror at the top of the windscreen if its like some Citroen's I've owned. There was a tiny little grille that would get blocked with fluff and dust.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hello. thanks for the reply. I think that sensor you mentioned is for the rain sensor auto wipe. I have no clue where the cabin temperature sensor is. the humidity sensor is above the glove box behind the trim where there is a little grill.