2005 C5 1.6 HDI non starter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2005 C5 1.6 HDI non starter

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Nicely done. A little write up if / when you get the time would help, just confirming fob type car model too, just to help others and I'll put it into the hints / tips section.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
pd2444

Post by pd2444 »

Well...the good news is that it starts fine everytime and all the electrics are OK.

Re-coded the radio and that's stopped beeping as well.

The problem is that it isn't driving right. Under load it hesitates quite a bit and I think it must the the new ECU/BSI as it was OK before.

Is there anything else I should be configuring? Should I re-configure the injector codes as obviously the ones in the ECU will be from the donor car? Could a coding mismatch really make that much difference to how it drives?

If I drive it long enough it does bring up an EML light and a code for fuel rail pressure. The ECU is the correct type but there seem to be about a million software revisions so I suspect the donor one may be a very slightly later revision than the removed one.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

It certainly won't be helping matters if the injector coding is wrong - for the sake of 5 minutes worth entering the correct codes.

It might need the EGR valve configuring, but it should do this automatically - you can hear it cycling the valve when you shut the engine down.
Richard W
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would get the injector codes programmed in to eliminate that. They have codes for a reason, and despite some saying they don't need doing on a 2 litre, I'm not sure this applies to newer vehicles with smaller tolerances. It won't cost you anything to do it except a little time and may eliminate this as a problem.

The ECU / BSI may be from another similar vehicle, but they may well be configured for different options and components. I would always recommend taking a printout of original BSI settings before a replacement wherever possible. If you don't have these, it may be worth a session and a few sheckles with the dealer to perform a BSI update via Internet to get everything configured correctly using your original VIN.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc