Passenger seat airbag wiring [307cc 3B]

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BigDidge
My Cars: Peugeot 307cc 05 2.0 138BHP petrol

Passenger seat airbag wiring [307cc 3B]

Post by BigDidge »

Does anyone have any idea of how to connect the airbag to the required wires under the passenger seat on an 05 plate Peugeot 307cc, 2.0 petrol, manual..

I'm a bit at a loss for words why anyone would just almost chop the entire lot off, wrap it all up with leccy tape and hope that spraying WD40 on them that a fault would go away..

Any help on this matter would be awesome!

*I've not cut or disconnected a single wire, this is how it all was wrapped up within leccy tape under the passenger seat. I would just simply like to reconnect the airbag and test to make sure it is working prior to maybe buying a new one.

BigDidge

Re: Passenger seat airbag wiring [307cc 3B]

Post by BigDidge »

I have not via a bit of tracing hacked up a couple of resistors (0.25w 3.3ohm) one to each side of a squib, one to the driver under seat and at first one to the passenger side under seat..

restarted the vehicle and for about two whole minutes no airbag warning light at all and I thought I was saved and had at least found the correct wires and the main fault.. (I was going to move on to a permentant repair tomorrow)

But then I restarted the vehicle a few times and after about three or so minutes it does infact turn on the airbag light once more, just really slows it down.. Si I thought to add another resistor to the passenger side(two inside the same plug) and now it's not showing at all..

BUT... when their is one resistor in the passenger and the airbag light does go out for two mins the dash is fine and only handbrake showing, then the airbag pops back..

THEN.. When putting two resistors under the passenger and turning over the engine the sirbag light never comes back on but the SRS?? (seatbelt lights never go off even if I plug both of the belts in...

So I'm really lost now and must find the seatbelt wires and do something with them of the same I think..

One fixed job is leading to another now and this is getting beyond the normal eh, hehh
BigDidge

Re: Passenger seat airbag wiring [307cc 3B]

Post by BigDidge »

Sorted it folks, over the moon and now I have found what wires go to where I can now remove the resistors and get on with actually putting back the vehicle as it should be in a nice safe way..

The green plugs under the passenger and drivers seats control the airbag system, the white plugs control the seat belt functions for making sure their secure when someone is sat within the seat but I only have one of these on the drivers side and NOT on the passenger..

So now all the lights go out as they should and when they should depending on the function required, I now know the wires that control whichever device to the system and now I can work towards connecting the safety systems back to their actual device..

Well Happy... For now, remember it's a pug and they are such fussy things when it comes to electronics ain't they hehe But it's half the nightmare over with I guess.