Help Please with Part Numbers -can't access Service Citroen - Diff Bearings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bargeman
My Cars: 1999 Xantia Estate 2.0 16v
2012 C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI

Help Please with Part Numbers -can't access Service Citroen - Diff Bearings

Post by Bargeman »

Hi Leaned ones.

I throw myself on the mercy of the Forum, I am registered with Service Citroen, can log in but cannot get to "Part Numbers" or even get to select car. Three days trying Grrrrrrrr.

After taking associated pieces of metal of the drive train and replacing them I now have a lovely drive train, that was until very recently. Now the diff bearings are failing (fast), over two weeks we have gone from a rumbling, to noticeable vibration.

Running the car (off the ground) with no wheels on and watching plus listening with a "listening stick" there is definite shot bearing noise from the differential after road speed goes over about 20 mph.

Now I am trying to source possible replacement bearings if I drop the box out and take it apart. As said, cannot get into the site. Help please.

Car - Xantia 2L 16v petrol Mark 2 built 1998 - box AL4 Auto.

Would someone please look up the exploded view and give me the part numbers, and check if any gaskets will be needed after spliting the casing to expose the diff housing.

Thanks in anticipation,

Paul Hayes
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Help Please with Part Numbers -can't access Service Citroen - Diff Bearings

Post by RichardW »

Login, then click on the 'Free services' tab at the top left, then select 'replacement parts documentation', should then get a list of cars, select the car, then either select an engine, or just click Confirm.

It says

3125 34
LE-0404

AGB BEARING
LEFT
78X106 EP17

3125 35
LE-0404

AGB BEARING
RIGHT
41X72 EP 19,5

By the look of it, the diff is buried in the box so a full strip down is going to be required.
Richard W
Bargeman
2012 C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI

Post by Bargeman »

Thanks Richard.

Yes, am logging in, but no "Free Services" tab.

I have tried using different browsers, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and even a Mac - all on three different computers. All I get is "Welcome" An image of a Cactus, all the bits at the bottom, legal, language, help etc. they all work. I can go to "My Account", but not do a fat lot else.

Frustrated.

There are a couple of AL4 videos on Youtube, the clearest is in Russian (I think), but the pictures are good.

Again thanks for the help, now I'll try to find a parts supplier for the bearings.

Bargeman
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Bargeman
2012 C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI

Post by Bargeman »

Thanks for that, they list a bearing kit that includes the two diff bearings. I'll ring them in the morning.

I also found (long search) https://en.partacus.de/spareparts/detai ... 6f00faa58/ They list both bearings by Citroen part No. individually. They might be worth making a note of for hard to come by parts.

Bargeman