Radio /Sat nav Screen (RT6)

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD
renagade

Radio /Sat nav Screen (RT6)

Unread post by renagade »

Hi Guy's here I go again, Looking at other cars with screen for radio/sat nav do you think that the screen on my 2011 c5 1.6 e-hdi vtr+ nav is able to be updated?? Some thing that looks alive. I have only had the car two weeks so when the newness has worn off I will leave it alone and just drive it. Ho and by the way went to Sainsbury's to get the weekly shop and some |||||||||| has creased the drivers door for me. That was nice of them. I have ordered som small suckers of the bay and hope I can pull it back.
There are so many roads to travel but so little time, (Paul Cofield )
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Radio /Sat nav Screen

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Simply - no. It's not just a Display screen, it has a lot of processors inside that work with the Head Unit to provide other functionality. The are several types of display screen - the one you have and the one for the Navidrive 3D and RT6 units. Be careful with these as they are between £700-800 minimum to replace!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)

Re: Radio /Sat nav Screen

Unread post by Richard_C »

Agreed, all of this stuff is so integrated these days its probably impossible.

Have you tried to customize the appearance through the menus? You can change the colour scheme - one scheme more or less matches the main instrument panel. And there are map options - 3D, 2D and a couple of variations. And you can choose which types of POI show up. I've just sold mine on after 5 years+ and although the screen is not the most modern it was clear and useable and not at all distracting.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini