Xantia door protection panels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

svip
My Cars: In order of ownership:
1974 Citroën DS 23
* 1985 Citroën CX TRS 22
1998 Citroën Xantia Activa V6

* No longer in my possession.

Xantia door protection panels

Post by svip »

I am looking for fresh protection panels on the doors (les baguettes des portes) for a Xantia Berline. As far as I can gather, they are the same on a Phase 1 as a Phase 2. But one of mine is swelling up inside, and need to be replaced. Unfortunately, getting another Danish one would be pointless, as most here are bad.

So if anyone know somewhere in better climates (say Spain, Southern France or Italy) where there might be some in good nick, I'd like to help to order them. I asked at two scrapyards today down in Provence, but neither had just the protection panels, and I don't need to buy entire doors.

Colour doesn't matter, as long as condition is good. In particular, I am looking for one for the driver's door.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Xantia door protection panels

Post by xantia_v6 »

Do you require the whole panel, or just the shiny (plastic/aluminium) strip? The strip can be removed and swapped to another panel fairly easily (necessary if your panels are colour-coded).

There was someone in the UK (Brian Plimmer?) making replacement strips from stainless steel, I don't know if these are still available.
svip
My Cars: In order of ownership:
1974 Citroën DS 23
* 1985 Citroën CX TRS 22
1998 Citroën Xantia Activa V6

* No longer in my possession.

Re: Xantia door protection panels

Post by svip »

Unfortunately, I require the whole panel for the driver's door, the rust is inside that, and it's not clinging to the rest of the door as it should. Although, I do also need new strips for all four.