Dyane headlamp adjuster removal ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charentejohn
My Cars:

Dyane headlamp adjuster removal ?

Post by charentejohn »

I had a funny turn recently and woke up one morning the owner of a Citroen Acadiane. Good engine and chassis, bodywork not so much.
So I am generally fixing it bit by bit but am stuck getting the plastic headlight back boxes completely off. Currently they are hanging over the wheels held by the aduster cable.
I have removed everything on them but can't figure out how to remove the height adjuster cable.

What I have done is.
Removed plastic box and the light fitting inside it. Now left with 3 threaded adjusters sticking out of the front of the plastic box.
One of these is the adjuster linked by cable to the internal height adjuster knob. Turned this fully one way and now cables loose under the bonnett.
I opened the little square of plastic where the cables come in and can see the cable go into a bit of white plastic.

Question is, how do I get the cable out of the bit of plastic ?
The screw that it is attached to doesen't move if I push it, I am guessing it should ? I thought it would push backwards slackening the cable enough to pop it out of the white holder.
Not sure how these adjust the lights as the threaded bar connecting cable to headlight doesen't seem to move, should it pull or turn ?

I do have a Haynes manual for the car but have decided a better use for it is to put a hole in one corner and hang it up next to the toilet.
My favourite bit is how to remove the windscreen, prise the rubber out but really tricky so better let a garage do it. They should just print that on all pages.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives
Lenny
My Cars: 1986 2cv Charleston
1986 2cv Special
2010 C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer Auto
1992 VW Corrado VR6
1970 Vw Beetle

Re: Dyane headlamp adjuster removal ?

Post by Lenny »

Are you on Facebook?
Ask your question here https://www.facebook.com/groups/7689821 ... 4/?fref=nf and I'd be amazed if you don't get an answer pretty sharpish.
This forum (FCF) is a wonderful place and a mine of useful info but I'm not sure the 2cv/Dyane/Ami etc crowd hang about here much.
charentejohn
My Cars:

Re: Dyane headlamp adjuster removal ?

Post by charentejohn »

Thanks Lenny, I didn't have much hope but worth a try I thought. I am on facebook but have no real idea how to use it :)
I did manage to get these loose, despite some damage so for anybody finding this here is the answer.

The plastic clip this cable goes into is spring loaded, one side moved the other side didn't.
Reason for non movement was that one side's cable was rusted into the outer sleeve and so had 'locked' the clip in position.
I prised the good side out no problem, just pops out when levered from below with a screwdriver. Rusted side just snapped the cable so it is replace/repair time.

These cars are fun and very very simple, i.e. brakes are under the bonnett so easy to get to. Very few bits are tricky but this is one of them.
Lots of parts still available, probably because of these nutters who try to wreck them.

mad setup

Note the rear engine making it 4x4. A bit like the old Minis still possible to buy most parts to make a new car.
Last edited by myglaren on 08 Oct 2016, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YT links fixed
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives