xantia 2.0hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

xantia 2.0hdi

Post by citroen7 »

I was wanting to move my xantia to enable other work to progress ,when she was abandoned i had removed the battery to start something else and when i put it back on it would turn over but not start. Fast forward several months and i put a battery on the alarm went off so i opened and closed the central locking it reset and the engine will turn over but still wont start, have i missed some sort of immobiliser reset or a button hidden somewhere? any help would be appreciated as the head is in c5 gearbox change mode.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: xantia 2.0hdi

Post by CitroJim »

Easiest way of determining why an HDi won't start is to get a Lexia on it as there can be an absolute multitude of reasons, most being impossible to take a guess on..

Ask a local forum member who offers the service to come and Lexia for you... There's a list of members on here..

The immobiliser will be disarmed if its light is out and there's no bleeping...

One thing that can cause this is a engine bay fusebox problems and/or open-circuits in the loom that runs across the front of the car... Again, Lexia will assist in diagnosis and I can supply the necessary wiring diagrams...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

Post by citroen7 »

Thanks Jim i am not aware of anyone with a lexia "over here" i did purchase one before i was ill but never got anywhere with setting it up but i have a newer laptop at my disposal now so i may pick your brains on set up!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No good picking my brains on setting up a Lexia as I know nothing about that side of them at all but there's loads of very knowledgeable folk in this parish I'm sure will be delighted to assist you :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do a shout for Sparksie, who I believe has got a Lexia, and is somewhere in Ireland (but where I cannot remember).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!