Heater pipe xantia hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

John Plum
My Cars:

Heater pipe xantia hdi

Post by John Plum »

Can anyone advise me how I might replace a heater water hose? I haven't removed my old one yet as I need the car on the road, and cannot accurately measure it or draw it. In fact I can't see the end where it attaches near the wing on some sort of union - only feel it.

My present hose has a drip where it attaches to the engine water intake behind the water pump, and although I tried to seal it by cleaning it up and refixing the joint, I cannot - I guess the hose is a now in poor form.

I want to order a new heater water hose - its a shortish and narrow - about 2.5 cm, and locates on ENGINE WATER INTAKE TANK, part number 6464 HEATER WATER HOSE (numbered 6 in the diagram). It is described as NFP, which I guess means not available any more.

There are all sorts of hoses with part number 6464 and additional couple of letters for ID on eBay for peugeots and berlingo hdi.

Thank you
John

Sent from a mobile transmitter.
Last edited by John Plum on 22 Sep 2016, 17:19, edited 3 times in total.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Heater pipe xantia hdi

Post by RichardW »

John

Not sure which bit you need... item 6 is the heater hoses, which come as one complete unit. I think there is a short blank stub on the intake housing, which might be the one you need. However, leaks from the housing, or its O ring are not unknown.

This is the stub:

1210 03

(MUL) PLUG
DIAM 20,7X29-LG 33

Allegedly still available at £8.10
Richard W
John Plum
My Cars:

Re: Heater pipe xantia hdi

Post by John Plum »

Thanks Richard. I managed to improve things with the heater hose, trimmed a 1/4" of tired rubber off the end and fitted a jubilee clip which did the trick - plus the insurance of a smear of plumbers mate (not so nice for disassembly and re-assembly, I know).

However I still have a leak in the vicinity of the intake housing, either the short cooling hose from the intake housing to the engine or, it could be the plug I suppose, there is leakage at the stub base but its right up next to the cooling hose union. So, I cannot be sure. The stub is easily accessible, the cooling hose clip isn't for me, not it seems without an inspection pit or hoist. This might be one for a garage.

Does the plug just pull out and how do you get a grip on it?
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual