Help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RPWC
My Cars: Former Citroen owner.

Help please

Post by RPWC »

MY Dispatch 1.9 has suddenly become flat,will not pull past 50mph, drop a gear and floor the throttle, it starts hunting, black smoke coming from exhaust, local garage diagnostic machine came up with these two faults PO112 and PO102, I disconnected the MAF, but it made no difference. The machine says these codes are related to the MAF, is this correct and should I consider buying a new MAF?
Cheers Rich :wink:
RPWC

Re: Help please

Post by RPWC »

Disconnecting MAF , no difference, tried a different one from a friend's van, still no different, so obviously not that, but why is it in limp mode?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Have you checked the air intake hoses from the filter assembly to the throttle body? If there's a leak and air is entering the engine without the ECU knowing about it, then it could give a false MAF fault. Check the wiring on the plug to the MAF - and the pins are all clean and making contact. If the MAF and more importantly the sensor wires are contaminated with muck, this will cause hesitation and stalling Rich.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Done all that Marc, I put new rad in at weekend, and had air filter off a couple of times, but it has been fine since, until today. The heater hose hadn't been secured properly and was seeping this morning, rectified that and checked tonight to see if I had broken a wire, as there;s a sensor next to it, but no, all intact. Its not cutting out, just won't go over 30in first and second,40 in third and 50 in 4th and 5th. starts as normal ticks over as normal, cevs ok when stationary
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Assiming its a DW8 engine Theres a vaccum operated butterfly in the inlet manifold that can stick & cause problems that would be my first port of call then next would be looking at the EGR valve as both of theese things can log MAF faults.
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

I have tested the butterfly and its free, have sprayed half a can of e g r cleaner in it too, tried brand new MAF today and no different, getting a new fuel filter tomorrow,as the garage that serviced it in August, are helping me out. They mentioned that they'd had trouble with Crossland fuel filters, so are going to change it for me tomorrow .
If that doesn't work, then it will need further investigation. I thinking will book in with the Citroen dealer, as they have the machine that will interrogate the E C U . The local garage can only take it so far. They have tested it again with the diagnostic tool and it went clear the faults listed MAF and air intake temp sensor.
Last edited by RPWC on 08 Sep 2016, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Have you checked the vacuum hoses that connect to the EGR, turbo actuator and butterfly valve?
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Its a 1.9 n asp no turbo
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Had it up to here now!! I've had 4 years almost trouble free motoring from this van, but this has finally turned me. After the problem is fixed, its going, and I will not be buying Citroen again. Going for something easier to work on, that doesn't have about 10 different parts available for the same vehicle.
Enough is enough, I am eternally grateful for the help and advice I have received from you all on here, but I just cant take any more hassle.
All the time the van is out of order its costing me a lot of money in down time from work, and as a self employed sole trader, time is money.
Need something I can just drive, rather than have to spend every weekend underneath it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Really sorry to hear that Rich - but time is money as you say and it's not as if it's a hobby or a labour of love! Best of luck with whatever you end up getting. :)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Marc, thank you,and for all your, and everyone else's help during my time on here =D> =D> I have read the same statement many times on the Rover75 forum, and tried to help and advise newbies who were thinking of quitting.
Difference is the car isn't what makes their living : :roll: I will certainly recommend this forum to others with French vehicles. I already did on the Rover forum, someone was considering buying a C5 ,wondering whether it would be as good as his Rover, so I pointed him in this direction.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Sorry to hear that - but it must be over 10 years old and xxx miles to be a 1.9D. Anything newer will cost a lot more in initial purchase - and they are getting more complex to work on, with 'parts' (mostly sub assemblies with ECUs!) getting ever more expensive. I see the need to have it on the road if it means business though. The only way, perhaps, to guarantee trouble free is to go to a new one on a PCP deal to keep the monthly cost down. You've got to get it main dealer serviced then though - and it still might go wrong and be off the road!
Richard W
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Have you checked the accelerator cable? A lot of xuds have a black plastic cylinder halfway along the cable. It is spring loaded to stop anything being stretched too much when you floor it. The spring loses tension over the years and then the throttle won't open on the pedal.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I'd also be inclined to check the leak off pipes and around the fuel filter housing for seeping diesel.
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Looks like the cat is bunged up, the garage suggested disconnecting the cat and see if it makes any difference, so I did and it felt like it was pulling better.
Re connected it ,took it out again and there was definitely resistance,I'm going to repeat the test over the weekend and make sure Im not just imagining it.