Peugeot 207 gti 175thp

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mattywhite84
My Cars: Peugeot 207 gti

Peugeot 207 gti 175thp

Post by Mattywhite84 »

Hi there I'm new to this and wanted some help.
So basically my car has been playing up, it's a turbo related limp mode.
So I can drive my car normal, it accelerates fine until I put my foot down to hard, 1rst and 2nd are fine, it's just when it goes passed 4000rpm in 3rd 4th 5th. You can feel the turbo cut out..
So a mechanic gave me a tip and asked me to start up the car, he showed me the actuator and said that opens when the car is turned on.
He did notice when the the car was turned on the actuator didn't smoothly open, it opened abit then a breif second opened to full, not sure if that's normal.
He told me if the car cuts out again, I should pullover and leave the car running, pop the bonnet and check what position it was in. It was closed, he said it should be in the open position. Can anyone help, do I need a new turbo. Thanks Matt.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Peugeot 207 gti 175thp

Post by RichardW »

Welcome Matt

Sadly, these engines are a bit of a mare - see this thread (http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=53247) where David relates the tribulations with one - and the laying out of a not inconsiderable amount of money....
Richard W
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: 307 2.0 hdi 110
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Re: Peugeot 207 gti 175thp

Post by jimmymarsbar »

Do you know if it's a vacuum or electrically actuated turbo? I don't know anything about this engine, but in my experience on the diesels, the turbo may still be ok. The valves/actuators are known to stick, so start there and see what you find. Check the wiring, and check the actuator for gunk etc.