Coolant leak !!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citipug
My Cars: Citroen c2 1.4 hdi, 206 gti 2.0 (138), Peugeot 206 1.1s

Coolant leak !!!

Post by Citipug »

Hi my 2007 1.4 c2 hdi has dumped a large amount of its coolant and started getting steam from the bonnet no warning lights or messages ? The car has no temperature gauge ? (I really don't understand why ?) so pulled over and got it towed home.

I tried puttin water in and it leaks out as quick as I can put it in lol so got the Mrs to pour it in while I was underneath (I got soaked) and found that it's leaking from the back of the water pump ? Where the hose joins. Is this a common thing ? Is there an easy fix ? I don't really want to replace the water pump if I don't have to.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Citipug

Re: Coolant leak !!!

Post by Citipug »

ImageImage

The top picture is where it is leaking. This whole section is loose ?

Should there be a bolt in the other picture where the plastic has a metal bush inserted ?

Citipug

Post by Citipug »

Update

Managed to get a new bolt and fit it to the plastic manifold section and seems to have fixed it strangely ? Had to use a bit of force to get it into the right position to get the bolt in so guess the bolt had somehow worked loose and popped out while driving causing the whole section to move as it is under tension in the correct position this must have been pulling on the joint between the pipe and the engine block at the back of the water pump. Nice easy fix in the end :-)

Hope this helps someone else in the future

mcampo68
My Cars: Peugeot 205, Peugeot 106 Citröen C2

Post by mcampo68 »

This case has been very helpful for me, because my car had an intermitent and erratic leakage.

My case was a bit more complicated as the bolt wasn't missing, but I disassembled this plastic part and the cause ok the leakage was a faulty o-ring. I replaced it and problem solved for a few penies !!!
By the way, the dimensions of the o-ring are 4x34 mm just in case someone needs to buy a new one
MattBLancs
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 2.2 HDi Exclusive 173 6speed (daily family practical wagon),
Peugeot 406 Coupe SE 2.0 137 5speed (& originally auto), (former daily off the road for some TLC)
Peugeot 206 GTi-HDi 1.6 110 5speed (my wife's daily)
Peugeot 306 HDi Dturbo 2.0 90 5speed (long term project to reinstate inner wings, former daily. Too sentimental to let it go!)

Post by MattBLancs »

Interested failure, thanks for feeding back the solution.

Don't recall a bolted connection on the rear of the (related to 1.4) 1.6 HDi but will have a look when I'm next underneath. Bit of loctite on the bolt for the replacement!