Lexia 9780.Z5 has gone home.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Lexia 9780.Z5 has gone home.

Post by Edhertz »

Looks like my Lexia 9780.Z5 diagnostic tool has gone home. It all began when I hooked it up to the Xantia and found that it was unable to have a dialogue with the ECU. The operating light was on on the tool and seemed to be working o.k. I tried it a few more times and in the end hooked it up to my Pug 206 to see if it worked there. Result was complete failure to communicate with message ' Comms interface is not connected to USB port'. No light on device. Tried it in other laptop and not recognised in any USB port, so looks like a dead parrot. Has anyone out there had the same problem and where would you go for a replacement?
Thanks in advance
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Lexia 9780.Z5 has gone home.

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, seen the same happen a few times now unfortunately...

Sadly it's now useless unless it's something simple like the cable has gone open-circuit... I'd certainly check that before declaring it truly dead...

I did look at a duff one but there really is not a lot to be done... 'No user serviceable parts inside' means what it says sadly...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Post by Edhertz »

Thanks for your comments Jim. Checked connector/cable for continuity and is o.k. Where would you go for a replacement?
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Not a clue where you'd get a replacement from I'm afraid... Sorry..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...