Dispatch electric window, think I've broke it

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ellneortic
My Cars: Peugeot Expert
Citroen Dispatch

Dispatch electric window, think I've broke it

Post by Ellneortic »

Hi Guys, any help advice please.
On my Citroen Dispatch the Drivers door window never worked.
Checked and found the motor faulty. Removed the door loom and found lots of broken wires.
I took a door off my other van (different colour) and plugged it in to the loom.
It worked great and controlled the passenger window too.
So I took the door loom off the good one and fitted to the door with the broken motor.
I then just checked it would open and close the passenger window, it didnt and the central locking stoped working on the drivers door.
I tried the other door back on to check that still worked and now it didnt work either.
It's done my head in today! I checked the fuses and they are all ok.
Went away from it then to dig a large hole ..
Any ideas guys?
I'm thinking I've screwed something whilst fafing about.
I'm wondering if I can bring a live over to the door for the window and bring over a switched live from the passenger door lock actuator so it can run the drivers door as well. hopefully itll all look better in the morning. any help guys would be brill please.
Bick

Re: Dispatch electric window, think I've broke it

Post by Bick »

Depending on the age of your Dispatch you may be able to do a bsi reset if you have been messing without disconnecting the battery and letting the bsi power down you may have upset it.

Do a search for bsi reset and follow this procedure to the letter.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Did you fix it?
Ellneortic
Citroen Dispatch

Post by Ellneortic »

Hey Bick,
Firstly, Thanks very much for the reply. I did write back days ago but somehow it never went on here! strange.
The Bsi info was really great thanks, I didn't realise about that.
It's not fixed but after going through the bsi reset the anti poloution light went off, the wipers started working again and the crazy door locks settled down.
I thought It needed an Exorcism at one point.

So Still no electric window! I have tried another window switch and plugged in another door with electric window and that doesn't work either.
The speaker in the door and the lock work but not the window.

So I've tried the reset a few times now and no luck with the window. I'm thinking it's either the module which I think is on the window motor (as it has about 5 wires going to the motor) is up the creak or a relay or something in the bsi box of tricks. Tomorrow I'll take the motor casing off and try some volts to it and see if there is any form of life. It's starting to do my head in I cant stand driving with the window closed. Thanks very mucho for your help.
Bick

Post by Bick »

No worries glad the BSI reset helped - disconnect the battery before messing with the wiring on modern motors or holy sh1t can break out!

She if you are getting power to the motor first if you are like you say put a live to the motor to see what happens - its not unusual for motors to pack up.
Ellneortic
Citroen Dispatch

Post by Ellneortic »

Ok Bick, thank you. gona have a go at it now. I was just thinking the module must be on the end of the motor as there are toooo many wires to the module. going to take the module off and try direct to the motor...... hold the front page...... ill be back.......