Any cheap fixes please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Delivery_Driver
My Cars: Picasso 2.0HDI

Any cheap fixes please?

Post by Delivery_Driver »

Well.....what can I say.
having no luck but love the car in general.
Its had a ecu change by the look on things, and getting on top of its little niggling problems BUT...
Headlights come on by them selves, drivers door window works then does not even goes down sometimes when I press the up button and the tailgait is a pain in the as@e to open at times.
Well...hope I can get this sorted as the faults are bugging me...LOL
Connected to Lexia and can not seem to rectify the faults.
maybe I will have to live with them
Headlights thing is worrying as when I indicate it can cancel the indicator and put dipped beam on.
Bit worried but lets see if any advice is on here....Please do not say go to dealer and get it sorted as that's the same as saying buy a new car.
Cheers.
Car 04 plate 2.0 HDI
I think I know loads....BUT sometimes I need good advice.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Any cheap fixes pleae. ?

Post by Peter.N. »

Its likely you have a bad earth somewhere at least that's what I would have said before the days of multiplex wiring, it still could be or a poor connection to the BSI. What does the Lexia indicate when the fault occurs?

Peter
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Any cheap fixes please?

Post by RichardW »

The headlights / indicator problem is most likely a fault with the COM2000 stalk unit. There's a guy in Bradford can repair most of them: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 15&t=53853

Drivers door window is likely a fault in the switch unit on the door - some have had success using contact cleaner on the switches, but you may need to replace it.

Dunno about the boot - I think someone posted a few weeks back about one that was giving trouble which was fixed by lubing the solenoid.
Richard W