308 key code? best place for new key

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

veralum
My Cars:

308 key code? best place for new key

Post by veralum »

I am probably going to buy a 2008 308 this week and the front runner only has one key and the owner has no trace of the 4 digit code, i have heard that someone on the forum can supply the code (cheaper than main dealers) so ic an get a new key coded, any ideas?

where it the best place to get a replacement key? there seem to be lots on ebay cheap but surely they are nasty copies?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 308 key code? best place for new key

Post by spider »

There was someone (but their name escapes me) but I don't think they are active currently here.

I'm not sure what you get when you request this from a dealer, with older cars you'd (you have to ask for all of them, otherwise you'd have to pay again ( ! ) if you needed any more info)

> The actual transponder code itself
> The key number (so a key can be ordered 'pre-cut' from this number)
> The radio code

(3) is not really relevant as they tend to be BSi coded these days not individual codes.

Last time I looked it was about £20 from the main dealer for this. If you do go down this route would suggest you ask for both key number and transponder code.

Regarding the key itself, I'd be a bit wary of Ebay as I've had bad experiences in the past with my 106 keys, the PCB did not actually fit into the case despite being advertised as 'later RF' units.

It depends a little, do you want / need a remote key or a manual 'spare' one ? If its the latter to be honest a good decent locksmith will be able to supply cut and code one for you, probably cloning the existing one but this is generally fine.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
veralum
My Cars:

Post by veralum »

would a "manual key" disarm alarm etc when door opened with key? this may be a simpler option
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

veralum wrote:would a "manual key" disarm alarm etc when door opened with key? this may be a simpler option
doubtful. the door locks are "dumb", so they don't read if the key has the immobiliser chip in there. they are useful to have knocking around incase you lock yourself out of the car :?

some places can usually clone the keys chip to a new one so you would essentially have two copies of the same key, so both would do the doors and ignition.

lastly peugeot can supply and code keys for you, but the cost for the coding isn't massively cheap, so you could always use them for the parts and find a local lexia owner to code it for you :-D
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The member who used to do the codes was The Birdman, but he has not been active for a while.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Post by Oldpug »

"trustme" who uses http://www.peugeotforums.com makes Peugeot keys. his number is 0-7-5-9-9-5-8-7-1-1-9.
veralum
My Cars:

Post by veralum »

thanks guys
veralum
My Cars:

Post by veralum »

Oldpug wrote:"trustme" who uses http://www.peugeotforums.com makes Peugeot keys. his number is 0-7-5-9-9-5-8-7-1-1-9.
had chat with him, he is unfortunately too far, he is in bradford i am near watford