New wheelbearing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

New wheelbearing

Post by daviemck2006 »

You may have seen that I got a garage to do my wheelbearing. I did toy with the idea of buying a new hub and a new driveshaft as Citro Jim couldn't persuade the two to part company on my recent clutch job. I think he had about 10 tons of pressure on it. When I picked up the car today I was told it was a lot of work to get the hub and driveshaft out, and took 30 tons on their hydraulic press to get them to part company and they recon that no home mechanics would have a press that would have done that! Of course I thought that this would be leading up to a huge amount of money having to change hands. He counted it up to £165, I had £150 cash that I had counted out, I said I'll have to give you the card for the rest. He took the 150 and said I'll give you a bit of discount since you are paying just now. So how does that sound for a garage changing an activa wheelbearing? Still seems expensive to me.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: New wheelbearing

Post by elma »

Seems pricey if you supplied the bearing. Worth it though for how little hassle it caused you.