Well things are getting worse.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Delivery_Driver
My Cars: Picasso 2.0HDI

Well things are getting worse.

Post by Delivery_Driver »

This car ( Picasso ) is doing my head in now.
after buying it and not driving it yet, I have bought a new battery, insured it and taxed it
My problem was simple so I thought.
2 keys, 1 started car one did not. and both did not work remotely.
So I got a transponder code from Citroen to program the keys.
Lad came tonight with a load of fancy equipment and said the code is not right you have acquired.
Well it was and he confirmed it..................BUT
he says it looks like the car has had another BSI put in and the code is wrong for that and he can not proceed.
He still charged me for the call out.
So now I need to read the BSI code to link with keys or reset ( verginise ) the BSI I think so I can proceed.
What a pain in the bum bum bum
I think I know loads....BUT sometimes I need good advice.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Well things are getting worse.

Post by Mandrake »

If the BSI has been swapped and therefore does not have the original key programming code that came with the car you are probably stuck - you can't "read" the code from the BSI using normal tools like a Lexia. The only way to find it would be to track down the VIN number of the donor car that the BSI came from and try to find the code based on that, but even if you could find that I don't think Citroen will hand out the key programming code without proof that you were the owner of the donor car. So, not very likely unfortunately.

It's possible that a professional "ECU unlocker" might be able to program a new key programming code into it and the engine ECU but I have not heard of anyone going down this route, and it is probably cheaper and easier to source a second hand BSI and matching Engine ECU with a known programming code and swap them over.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Re: Well things are getting worse.

Post by BenC5HDi »

Contact Graeme Hall (user "trustme" on the Peugeot Forums). He should be able to help, or at least explain to you exactly what's wrong. You might have to send your BSI to him though.. or take the car to him in Bradford.