Senso box, snowflake and battery warning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charentejohn
My Cars:

Senso box, snowflake and battery warning

Post by charentejohn »

Hi
Car just went bang, well more of a whimper really, sequence as follows. 2006 model 1.4i C3
Driving along in auto mode in 3rd gear, suddenly engine revving and no drive but still showing 3rd gear.
Coast to the side engine running but no response from gears, select forward and reverse and nothing.
Showing on the dash * AUTO flashing and engine won't start.
Electric windows working (relevant later)
Called recovery and tried starting a few times, just whirring noise from engine bay and no starting.
Still showing * AUTO but now battery flashing as well...........
Central locking works but windows don't, display in middle says eco mode so I think it is essentials only ?

Any idea on temp/quick fix ?
Garage not answering at the moment and recovery only took me to the nearest civilisation. The Garage will recover it tomorrow but better if I can limp it home then have a diagnostic done.
I will try tomorrow as it is in a station car park at the moment, in France they just do short recovery, nearest garage or habitation not relay of back to home recovery.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives
charentejohn
My Cars:

Re: Senso box, snowflake and battery warning

Post by charentejohn »

Oh and the reversing lights are on all the time.....?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The ECO mode is normal (Economy Mode) and will switch off all non-essentials.
Seems there's a similar problem here C3 Forum. There's a few procedures in the link you can try too. Within the post, there's a link to another post - make sure you read this too as it describes the whinny moise yours made too - was a brake switch issue: Second Post
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »

Tried this morning and no go, still showing --Auto although it did show 1 for a second or two. I managed to close the open window but eco mode now on again.
I think it is best to move it to a garage and get them to Lexia it. May be a software solution or as on the links provided it may be more.
I will let you know what the problem is when diagnosed, for future reference.
I doubt it will be cheap but cars have more value here so worth doing I guess.
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »

Hi, just to give an update on what the problem was and how it was fixed. Took about 5 weeks due to waiting for parts and french holidays, don't break down in August :-D
Garage did diagnostic and said it was the gearchange actuator, and maybe computer. I decided to buy the part myself, Citroen 1000euros internet 310euros.
They fitted the new part, computer was ok but clutch actuator was worn. So they did both, computer was 350 euros but the clutch actuator cost 450euros.
All in all with 3 hrs labour 20euros diagnostic and parts (also found a brake pedal needed a new part, much better braking now) all cost 1070euros, a deal I think. Cars here are worth more, car now back to being worth 4500euros so well worth repair.

Been 3 weeks now and all working well, good as new so can be done. That said I thought I would wait a bit before saying all ok :)

Parts came from here http://www.piecesauto24.com/rechercher?keyword=2452c3 they seem a worldwide group with similar web sites for all countries.
but also from here, a little more than first lot http://www.mister-auto.com/recepteur-em ... _g620.html
For finding suppliers just search for 2452c3 which is the part ref. These may help others find reasonable repair parts for sensodrive boxes.