Wayward 307....

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Wayward 307....

Post by RichardW »

Been thinking for a couple of weeks something was amiss, it just felt a bit 'wobbly' on the front. Noticed yesterday that it has started wearing the outside edge off the NSF tyre. Hmmm. A quick look under the NS wheel arch reveals a broken spring #-o that'll be it then. No doubt a new strut top bearing will be needed, and what chance the drop link can be freed without having to cut it off???
Richard W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Wayward 307....

Post by spider »

Oops.

Random fact: At my 11 years at Peugeot I'd never seen a 106 with a broken spring (other models yes but these no) they are very long uncompressed though. Had my 106 for just over a year, went out one morning and it would not move ( ! ) felt like there was a breeze block or suchlike in front of the wheel. A look showed the spring had broken and was sat on the tyre, the weight of it preventing the car moving. I had to get the grinder out to cut it in situ (the uncompressed part!) before I was able to move the car... Never seen anything like it. I suppose I should be glad it never happened on the move.

Back on topic: In theory yes as you can hold the central torx head. In reality no not unless you're lucky or they are reasonably new unfortunately. Its one of these things that 'in theory' works. As a plus point, some models have a 'flat' on the inside (between link and tower) if you have a flat here you can use thin grips to hold it still and that *will* work in most cases. A droplink is not too expensive anyway though as you know...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG