immobiliser problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chunk
My Cars:

immobiliser problem

Post by chunk »

ive just bought a pug 306 xsi from an auction the starter price was very low as there was no keys or any info books the problem i have is obviously i need a new barrel and key but the question im asking is.... does the car have a factory immobiliser built in as there appears to be a push number code panel just in front of the gear shifter if so how can i access the code or how do i erase the code so i can have a new one please help as it is driving mad not to be able to drive my new car thanx[xx(][:(]
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Yes thats the immobiliser and if you don't know the systems four digit code then its certainly immobilised.
The only way round it apart from stabbing at the code and hoping you find it, not very likely given the number of permutations and the lengthy lock out on entering three wrong attempts, is to fit a new engine management ECU with a known or open code, expensive.
You can't access the code nor can you erase or change the code without knowing the code that is in use, only remanufacturers of these things will be able to do that by fitting new EPROM's.
Dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

have you tried contacting the previous owner to see if they know the code ??
the code can be extracted from the ECU if you have the right software & leads,there are people who can offer this as a mobile service.
this guy > www.dashfixer.com can do it but he's based in Glasgow,im sure there are people round your way who can do it.