XANTIA KEY REMOTE DAMAGE (URGENT)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

XANTIA KEY REMOTE DAMAGE (URGENT)

Post by paranoid »

Can anyone tell me where (and how much) I can get a remote c/l /dead lock remote case from in the UK please, the rubber and the case are smashed on mine but the insides work fine, please help as I am desperate the car is a 96 xantia with early type remote.[V]
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Yesterday someone was selling exactly trhe case you are after. Go to the "For sale, wanted, parts" forum and have a look.
Kered

Post by Kered »

If you mean the Xantia plastic case with rubber push buttons then your Citroen parts department has the for around a fiver. Comes with a rivet so that the old key can be transferred over.
Derek
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Thanks Kered expected Citroen to be xxxx amount of pounds so never bothered trying, do you know if its difficult to change the pin and insides ???
Kered

Post by Kered »

If you take the back off the internals just pull out and pushed into the new case. The old rivet is drilled out and you have to peen over the new rivet with a hammer - best to do that before inserting the electronics.
Derek
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

THANKS MATE, I WAS IMAGINING SPRINGS AND BITS OF PLASTIC PINGING ACROSS THE ROOM [:D][:D][:D]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Ha Ha Just been to the local Cit dealer and guess what, got the usual No sir, you don't know what your talking about, how can you know more than me about parts, they have never sold just the case etc.
but was very willing to sell me the whole key, said it was very good price at £75 cheaper than ford (no its not actually 98 mondeo £40 while-u-wait as long as you bring the log book) Time to buy more tape I suppose [:(!][:(!]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hm, I just had a click look at this and I can't find any sign of the case on its own either, all I could find was a "Fixing set" which seems to comprise of the 2 rivets and the bit that the key hinges on, 9926Q4 for £1.21 + vat.
Kered

Post by Kered »

How embarrassing [:I][:I]
I can assure you that they certainly did exist though I will admit it was 3 or so years ago when I did this and time does fly by when you enjoy youself!
I've recently changed my Xantia and the later remotes are radio rather than optical and are of a different design. I was rather hoping they would do a case for these.
Derek