P0658 Fault description

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kal
My Cars: Citroen C5
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

P0658 Fault description

Post by Kal »

I ve got the above code on my C4 mobile mechanic says Actuator supply voltage too low probably the sensor. Does anyone know if this is an easy (cheap) replacement. Any info anyone has would be appreciated Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: P0658 Fault description

Post by GiveMeABreak »

P0568 is your Cruise Control speed setting - reference value too high. The code would indicate that the speed is trying to be set higher than the vehicle's maximum speed. I assume that the Cruise control is cutting out.

What you really need to do is get it on a Lexia to get a better idea of what's wrong before you start swapping parts out. The suspect areas according to the documentation are the BSI or the Engine ECU - but that's why you need a Lexia to see if there are any other errors that could be generating the code. I don't know what sensor your mechanic is referring to specifically as the speed limiter and cruise controls are contained in the switch block on the steering wheel, and apart from the brake & clutch switch, the engine ECU and the BSI control most of the functions. Do you have the EGS on yours?

There may be a member with a C4 GP who has had this error and might be able to throw a bit more light on the matter.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Kal
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Post by Kal »

Hi Mark thanks for this not been online for a while yes it is EGS and the info you ve given is of help. The car was returned to the dealer not long after I bought it with fault messages Gearbox faulty parking sensors faulty parking brake faulty depollution faulty the car had been dropping gears Auto to manual and neutral and stopping in traffic. The second hand dealer changed the manual clutch but some months on the same things have appeared and I have no gear selection or pressure on the accelerator so can t move the car now. Bought a cheap version of the Lexia online but have nt been able to load it yet. I m thinking maybe they didn t address the right fault when it was returned. Still digging.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm not an EGS expert Kal, but I understand after changing components, the system may have to be calibrated. Depending on where it went for the clutch to be done, they may not be aware of this. I don't know how long you have had the car since purchasing - did they provide any warranty on it or the work that was done? If the electronic control systems aren't properly calibrated, you can get all sorts of problems coming up. I would try and ascertain what they did or more to the point didn't do first.

There are some members here with EGS systems that should know what needs to be done if the clutch is replaced. Hipefully one of them can confirm this and at least then you can investigate. If they didn't do the job properly, you should have some comeback - was the work guaranteed?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Kal
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Post by Kal »

Thanks again Marc what you have said about the calibration was my concern. They will guarantee the clutch not anything else. The car was due to go to the local Citroen dealer to be re calibrated at the time but they rang to say because of Operation Stack they could not get it there so a chap visited the garage to calibrate it. I ve gathered quite a bit of info now and there are many emails back and forth with them. I'm going for not fit for purpose and see what happens. Thanks again.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow