HELP! can't get correct gear link rod for 1.6 16v petrol

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jaydbass
New User
My Cars: 2001 Berlingo 1.6 16v petrol - current
Xantia 1.9 tdi
ZX 1.9d
AX 1.4d

HELP! can't get correct gear link rod for 1.6 16v petrol

Post by jaydbass »

hoping someone on here can help or has experience of this issue. One of the smaller gear link rods has failed on my 2001 1.6 16v petrol model. I sourced the "correct" part from the local dealership - 2454 F5 - but it doesnt fit. The ends are 10mm and the ball joints on my linkage are 13mm on both ends. As far as i can tell, the linkage parts are original (unless the whole system was replaced with something non-standard when the car was virtually new...).
Dealers (both Citroen and Peugeot) have checked part listings for me but nothing has turned up. AEP were very helpful and checked a dozen or so different parts; but all had 10mm ends.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a part of the same dimensions for another vehicle with 13mm ends i can source...?

Obviously i could replace more parts or the whole system - but I'm loathe to go to that expense when all i need is a £20 bit of meccano!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: HELP! can't get correct gear link rod for 1.6 16v petrol

Post by RichardW »

Welcome!

Dunno, can you post up the last 8 digits of the VIN, and a photo of the part? There are different parts for BE3 and MA gearboxes, but they all look to have a small and big end.
Richard W