Xantia 1.9 radiator and now waterpump woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mirafioriman

Xantia 1.9 radiator and now waterpump woes

Post by mirafioriman »

After months of running around with radweld in I finally got round to fitting my new radiator. After being unable to get hold of the correct one with the built in expansion tank I ended up with the later one with the separate expansion tank.

So I now have it fitted with a Mercedes expansion tank! Rather 'Heath Robinson' but it appears to work.

However: I found a leak today, a major one! Appears to be from the water pump new one is coming tomorrow. Could be worse she's due a cambelt change so I can do both together.

In an ideal world though I'd like a more factory look so if anyone is breaking a Xantia and has the correct expansion tank and the necessary pipes to do a conversion please let me know.
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
mirafioriman

Re: Xantia 1.9 radiator and now waterpump woes

Post by mirafioriman »

Well got to work tonight. What a disastrous evening!

Firstly the cambelt is the wrong one the tooth profile on mine is rounded, the replacement isn't.

Then I fitted the replacement water pump. It fitted but wouldn't turn! Looking at it the impeller is different but the pictures of both the ones Euro car parts list for my car look like the one that came off!

So apart from removing the cambelt and water pump I'm no further forward.

Bick

Post by Bick »

Euro Car Parts and GSF aways take your old parts in for comparison if you can because for some reason a good 60% of the time you will get the wrong parts!

They will even insist the parts they give you are the right ones for your car and you must have the only odd Xantia in the world or someone has modified it before you got it!
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Got the correct cambelt this morning from another supplier and there's another water pump coming today. Let's hope it's the right one this time!

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Brilliant, back on the road soon with any luck.